Below we have listed items which might be carried on short and extended trips.
It is recommended that cyclists carry these items at all times in a small waterproof kit bag.
- A mountain essential foil space blanket 132 cm x 213 cm. This folds flat into its own 3x4 bag.
- Resuscitation face mask.
- Light-weight plastic gloves.
- Non-stick melolin wound dressings 8.3 cm X 6 cm
- Small length of bandage.
- Antiseptic wipes.
- Anthisan cream for stings
- Protocol sheet for cardiac arrest and concussion recognition tool.
Kit for Touring
Add to the above, again stored in a waterproof bag.
- Antiseptic Cream e.g. Brulidine or small bottle of iodine.
- Small tube of Hydrocortisone 0.5% to treat sun rash or insect bites.
- Arnica cream for bruises.
- 2" crepe bandage
- Small packet cotton wool wipes, better still the round ones used for makeup removal.
- A few individual sheets of Mepore 11 x 15 cm. It's just a non stick dressing.
- Some elastoplasts various sizes.
- 2 sheets of individually wrapped Atrauman. This like vasaline impregnated gauze for deep graze. Aids healing.
- A few squares of individually wrapped Inadine. Helps prevent infection if a wound has to be covered.
- Micropore tape 2.5 cm x 5 cm
- Small pair of scissors.
- Sewing needle.
NB : Dressings can be bought from Boots individually.
Applying iodine or similar to a wound after washing with clean water can help prevent sepsis. Sepsis is on the increase. It can be caught after a small cut or deep graze.