Uploading PDF files
- click on 'Upload file' in left hand menu bar
- click on 'Choose File' box
- select file required (in this example 'a_sample_pdf_file.pdf')
- copy Destination filename, the first letter will be capitalised (e.g. 'A_sample_pdf_file.pdf')
- click on 'Upload file'
- edit page and construct a link of the form
[[Media:A_sample_pdf_file.pdf]] or [[Media:A_sample_pdf_file.pdf|Latest Minutes]]
- save page and test
This should then produce links of the form
This page contains some sample text together with some of the most commonly used pieces of wiki mark-up. You are encouraged to edit this page to understand how the wiki works.
To start a new paragraph you just need a blank line between lines of text.
- You will learn how
- to make bulleted
Each time you make a change to the page you can either
- save it (Save Page button)
- or preview it (Show Preview button)
It is easier to use the Show Preview button because you can then see the wiki text and the finished web page at the same time. However you must remember to Save the page before going off to do something else.
How do I do tables?
You can do a simple table like this
.. or if you want to get a bit fancier try this ...